Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Morning Memories

Lemon Curd Toast and Coffee

Mom, my sister Rhema and Me at Irish Beach


Mornings are such a wonderful time.  There is a mist in the air, all is quiet, except for the song from a bird outside the window.  The aroma of fresh ground coffee beckons and my hot buttered toast spread generously with lemon curd, awaits.  I think of my sister Rhema, she was the one to introduce me to the wonderful tart sweetness of lemon curd on our trip to Irish Beach along the California coast this last year.  It was such a sweet time, looking out at the sea, the mist rolling in and having coffee and toast with my mom and sister.  I determined to cement the memory in my mind, like a mental snapshot you don’t want to loose.  Funny what will bring back a memory, maybe it is the mist,  the lemon curd or maybe it’s just me, missing them.

2 comments:

  1. Morning Sis :-) I just love your blog site. You did a terrific job. Your story above about Lemon Curd & Irish beach just touched my heart and makes me miss you that much more. Guess what I will be having for breakfast? :-)You truly inspire me. You are the most talented and diverse artist I know, and because of your faith in me and encouragement I will be headed to my art room to finish my 20th something painting now I believe. I will hopefully finish my Morning Glory today, so that I can start the process of re-finishing it 5 more times or so ha! ha! I do love you and miss you much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to make me cry. I miss you to and have always and will always believe in you. I am so proud of you! You are my very own personal cheerleading squad :), so right back at ya.

    ReplyDelete