Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Slowing the Days Down after Christmas








The month before Christmas seems to be a blurry of activity.  There is shopping to do, a tree to cut down, decorating the house and tree, mailing gifts, making all the special holiday foods and treats, and for those of you  out there that are just like me, making a gift or ten!  I always seem to bite off more than I can chew but the ideas just float around in my head waiting to be created!  I tried to slow down a bit this year and did pretty well, if I do say so myself (thank you very much).  Fortunately, my children are not demanding and do not expect extravagant gifts (which makes the crazy shopping trips fairly easy).  They will act like they are that interested in creating an art project but when I start pulling out the supplies they get into it a bit and start creating themselves.  My youngest, Blythe decided to make a cute little stuffed chick for her sister Lassyn's baby which is due this next year.  Once she completed one she decided to make another one to put on her own etsy site www.etsy.com/people/dacoma    He is a bit cockeyed and seems to have a character of his own.  His name is "peep".  I was really proud of her, she hand stitched the whole thing and I only had to help untangle twice.  We have already made another trip to Wal-mart to pick out new fabrics for her next creations.  In the meantime, I have decided that I need a new scarf and found this beautiful Martha Stewart yarn at Michaels Craft Store in Igloo (a very soft sea foam green-blue).  Sitting by the fire, crocheting is my idea of slowing down.  I don't think I could totally sit still if my life depended on it so this is as close to it as I get.   

2 comments:

  1. Peep is adorable! Tell Blythe he/she needs a family, that will keep her busy. I am looking forward to this weekend, to slow down myself. My new years party will be no one at the house except maybe Jeff, might let him stay :-), with Jammies and slipper's on, watching a good movie, preferably something that will take me away to a faraway land, as I fight to keep my eyes open past nine ha! ha! :-)Give everyone a hug from me, and Happy New Years~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tamyra! Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog! I'm glad you decided to jump into blogging ... I know you'll enjoy it! "Peep" is adorable and I love the color of that yarn! Best of luck with your new venture and Happy New Year! xo ~ Lynda

    ReplyDelete