Thursday, December 22, 2011

Through the Woods


Every time I look at this photo I think of going to grandmother's house Christmas Morning.   This photo was taken on a very cold, overcast winter morning in Mina 1 Mai, Romania where I lived.  I had passed this horse and buggy on the road and pulled ahead, got my camera ready and waited till they were just in the right position between the trees. This type of  transportation is still very common in the villages and I could not help but wonder if the passengers were frozen.  We take so very much for granted and while it is nice to see simplicity still exists in this busy world I think all of us should take a little time now and then to count our blessings.  I have sold this as fine art photography and also created a mixed media original gallery wrap painting that is currently at Woodlands Art League  and have a digital print available on my Studio Quest Etsy site. 




No comments:

Post a Comment