Monday, January 30, 2012

Cleopatra


Cleopatra
 Could I make something interesting with just a fine black marker?  That was the challenge I set for myself.  I had picked up a few technical drawing books at a used book store and was amazed at some of the detailed drawings.  Got out my smooth drawing pad, began a rough sketch in pencil then went over my main lines in ink and thats when the fun began.  My favorite was the outside border of just scribbles.  No thinking is involved in this and it was really relaxing.  I stressed a bit about trying an ink drawing, afraid that there is NO room for error.  That really isn't true, if you make a mistake simply add on to make it part of the overall design.  It was fun and I will have to try it again.  Maybe with other colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment