Saturday, January 14, 2012

A French Bird's Eye View

a vol d oiueau
Decided to try my hand at another drawing on my brown paper.  This time I used brown ink and created a little crowned bird in her nest with the caption "a vol d oiueau" (french: a birds eye view).  I crowned her because I think all mothers deserve to be a queen now and then.  At the last moment I stuck a berry in her mouth (maybe because I was eating berries and cream for breakfast)!  It's funny, but most people rarely look up and I can't help but wonder what tbirds see of this funny human race as they are pearched in their nests.  I'm sure they probably wonder, do they ever sit?  When is the last time you actually spent sometime sitting outdoors and listened to a bird sing?  If your like me, your probably long overdue. This brown paper that I purchased on a roll from Home Depot is thick and durable making it a good choice for ink drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment