Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sisters at Twilight

Sisters at Twilight

This watercolor is a bit bigger than I normally do and took a while to complete.  It is a tribute to my sister and I as children.  She is a year younger and blond and after all these years still my best friend!  We did not fight like many siblings do growing up and have almost identical tastes and voices but that is about where the similarities end.  She is tiny, blond and fair and well.....I'm not. :)  I was thrilled when she decided to take up watercolors herself and am so proud of her.  She has sold her work and has it in art galleries too!  You can take a look at her work on Etsy at Rhemas Art World.  I can picture us years from now, old and maybe a few more wrinkles but still hand in hand, there for each other.  Love you sis! The original is currently for sale at Woodland Art League in The Woodlands, Texas,

2 comments:

  1. Thank you sis! This painting is so sweet and special and makes me home sick for our youth! and..I may be blond "now red" ha! ha! and fair, but you are fair, have long beautiful dark hair, blue eyes and absolutely gorgeous inside and out, never forget that!:-) Can't wait until October to come for a visit, miss you much, and thank you for your sweet words, promo, etc. I would have never discovered my " watercolorworld" without your encouragement. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh. sisters are the best. Love you a zillion times sis.

    ReplyDelete