Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Abstract Seahorse

Abstract Seahorse   


The Seahorse is probably my favorite animal.  I was fortunate to visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium in Monterey, California a few years back when the had an exhibit on seahorses.  One of the things I remember was the dedication seahorses had with their mate.  Not only are they pretty to watch but their movements are so graceful.   I used a very tiny brush on this particular work with a color pallet of bright "happy" colors.  I first outlined the areas I wanted to make sure and keep white.  Have to think in negative here!  The shadowing is done with darker colors and dots that are closer together.  This particular is somewhat time consuming but easy to do and meditative.   For those of you that live close to Livingston, TX I will be teaching a class on this May 15th, 2015 at Across the Tracks at 6:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment