Friday, April 17, 2015

Boat Oars - Watercolor

Boat Oars x 3





I was asked to do a watercolor demonstration for Livingston Art League.  I wanted to create a simple work that I could nearly complete in the time allotted.   They had a nice lunch and I was set up at a table at the front of the room.  Above was a huge mirror at an angle which allowed everyone to watch me work as my paper laid flat on the table.    There was a lot of interaction and I met some very nice people.  I used both wet on wet techniques and dry brush techniques for some of the wood grain.   I thought these boat oars would go well with some of my Lobster Sea Float watercolors I have done in the past.  Watercolor - 11 x 14 on fine watercolor paper.  Original: Etsy/StudioQuest.  Prints: Fine Art America.

No comments:

Post a Comment