Friday, April 3, 2015

I'm Back - Thoughts on a specific artists "look".

For all of you that have been kind enough to check in on me I am finally back.  This past year has been a bit crazy to say the very least.  My garden is now planted, all 25 trees are planted and some of the construction work on our home completed.   For those of you just checking in, we have begun to homestead a piece of property and I do hope to start a separate blog to record the progress.  This however is my "ART" blog,  so I will hush about the homesteading projects.  It isn't that I have neglected my art,  I have somehow managed to create during all the craziness, have been doing demonstrations, judging contests, had exhibits and art talks and taught classes.  I have had the most fun experimenting with some new styles and ideas.  Those who know me well, know that I have had a personal hang-up about creating abstract art.  I could never just leave it alone and had to put something recognizable in each work.  While I also enjoy adding the mixture of elements I wanted to be able to move past my own mental block.  I have finally done it and have created some abstract that has nothing obviously recognizable (although each piece does remind me of something).   I often look at other artists works and usually can see a common thread or "look".  It has bothered me that I can't seem to pin down a specific "look" that I have.  I have decided that I must be a little, yes, just a little, ADD.  I get bored easily and perhaps that is why I bounce around with so many different styles.  My daughter was so sweet and said, Mom, why fight it, celebrate the fact that you have so much diversity.   The reality is, if I try to create only one "look" I will probably get bored and not create as often.   Maybe my "look" will eventually emerge on its own, if so, great.  In the meantime, I will continue to follow my own flights of fancy and just have fun experimenting with different styles.   I am going to try to be more faithful in my postings, no promises, but will give it a good go.  If any of you want to share how you found your own personal style I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment