Friday, April 24, 2015

Shark Abstact Impressionism

Shark

This is a variation from just using the pallet knife.  This particular work was created using a combination of both pallet knife and small brush strokes.  I left the background white to simplify the piece and so that it would not compete with the stokes of paint on the shark.  Shading was done by simply adding more paint to the areas I wanted darker.  I sketched in the outline in pencil then simply used pallet knife small strokes to start the work.  Surprisingly relaxing.  Once again a tribute to my love of the sea.  Acrylic on canvas.  16 x 20.  Original: Etsy/studioquest.  Prints: Fine Art America.  For those of you that live near Livingston, TX.  I will be teaching a class at: Sew Fancy on Tues. April 28th at 6:00 on this technique.  Hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment