Monday, April 6, 2015

Simply Abstract

Shades of the Sea





Here it is, abstract, simply abstract.  I have finally been very happy with just leaving it abstract and not feeling the need to add anything in.  I love the textures and colors.  Having grown up in California and spending as much time as possible on the beach I came to love anything nautical and seaside related.  The colors are calming to me and while I went on in a previous post about not seeing a common thread in my work, I do see that I use these colors quite often.  I had so much fun creating this piece and made a "huge" mess.  I had paint in my hair, on my face, on the ground and even managed somehow to get a nice blue dot on my toe (I was painting outside in my flip flops).   I am not a neat painter to say the very least and desperately need a studio!   My grandson, Zane kept coming over and trying to "help" so he was covered in blue and green too!  The biggest challenge for me was determining when to stop.  I probably re-worked this piece at least 50 times until I was finally happy with the result.  Abstract Acrylic on Canvas.  Measures : 16 x 20.  Original: Etsy/Studio Quest.  Prints: Fine Art America.

No comments:

Post a Comment