Monday, April 27, 2015

Space

Space

This piece was worked and re-worked at least 50 times.  I started with just an abstract blend of color, felt it was too soft, then added in lines, then felt it was too harsh.  Worked and re-worked.  Then finally was somewhat happy then added in splatter.  Let it dry, looked at it and couldn't decided if it looked like a psychedelic mess or space.   It needed something.  The more I looked at it the more it felt like it was leaning toward space.  My nephew Jake has been into astrology for years and even gives stargazing tours in Minden, Nevada.  He can tell you just about anything you want to know about the stars and planets.  He kept coming to mind as I started at the work and decided to add in planets, keeping the colors bright.  I don't know what it is exactly that lets you know when a painting is done.  I tease it is when you are sick of working on it, but in reality it is more than that.  I finally completed it and gave it a gloss spray finish to enhance the planets.  Both my husband Brian and daughter Lass say it is one of their favorite pieces I've done.   It is completely different than anything I have done before but I like it.  Acrylic on Canvas.  16 x 20.  Original: Etsy/StudioQuest,  Prints: Fine Art America.

No comments:

Post a Comment