Monday, August 31, 2015

Mixing Pencil Sketch with Canvas; Face Study

Face Study  

As an artist, I think it is important to try new techniques and ideas.  I made a large canvas and painted it with a tan acrylic paint.  It hung on my wall for weeks as I tried to decided what to paint.  I love sketching and pencil work and even like the illustrations on how to draw a face, etc.  I actually like the lines left in and think it adds an interesting element to the sketch.  I got out my pencil the other day, after about my third cup of coffee and started sketching.  I wanted to convey raw art and really liked the tones and simplicity of the piece.  Once I finished my sketch I sprayed it with an acrylic matt finish to protect the pencil lines and prevent smudging.  Two of my daughters pointed out to me that the painting looked like an older version of my grand daughter.  I will let you be the judge. 
My sweet grand daughter
  Perhaps I have her sweet face in my sub-conscience and her likeness ended up on my painting.  Her sweet outfit was made by my youngest daughter and my middle daughter is the photographer.  I am so proud of my kids and the creativity they have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment